At our house, we love making smoothies in our Vitamix Blender. We have tried a variety of smoothie recipes and love finding new delicious drinks. Believe it or not we even enjoy them in the cooler months. The first time I got our daughter to drink whole milk was from a smoothie. I blended whole milk with 1 strawberry and 2 chunks of mango. She has been hooked ever since.
Recently I’ve been making her green smoothies and she prefers them over a lot of other foods. My husband and I always laugh because she prefers it over macaroni and cheese and meat! *As a side note I had to include our daughter’s snooping face in these pictures. She kept saying “mmmmmm” when I was trying to get pictures of the ingredients.
So here it is, my kid friendly green smoothie recipe:
- 2 Kale Leaves
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1/2 Banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries (or blueberries)
- 2/3 cup milk (whole, almond, or substitute with water)
- 3 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until desired consistency. Approximately 60-90 seconds.
Before you add new foods to your toddler’s diet or if you are concerned about food allergies talk to your pediatrician.