Today I am 15 weeks pregnant, woo hoo! We still have a few weeks to find out if we are having a boy or girl and I can’t wait. I used some old wivess’ tales and wrote out my answers! Do you want to predict your baby’s gender? Check out these interesting signs below: (as a side note I am not putting my trust in these methods, I just thought it was a cute idea)
Old Wives’ Tales That May Tell You Boy or Girl!?
- Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you’ll have a boy. Right side? You’re pregnant with a girl.
- Girl – but I must admit sleeping on my side has not been the most comfortable! I typically sleep on my back, but I’ve heard that after the first trimester side sleeping is best.
- Little girls aren’t always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
- Boy – I have continually thanked God for blessing me in this area of pregnancy. I can’t deal with throw up (ah!)
- If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft—expect a girl.
- Boy – But it is winter and I’ve been washing my hands constantly since I didn’t get the flu shot
- Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you’re craving citrus while pregnant, you’re having a girl.
- Girl – I eat at least 2 oranges a day and last night I ate 3/4 of a pineapple, yummmy!
- If altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.
- Girl – I haven’t been breaking out terribly, but I can’t remember ever having a break out before being pregnant. So that is why I am saying girl.
Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy
- If you feel as though you’re gliding through they day, you’ll have a girl. Stumbling? It’s a boy.
- Boy – I have always been somewhat clumsy, but my husband thinks it’s getting worse!
Face Weight Gain
- If your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl.
- Boy – I haven’t gained that much weight yet
Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
- Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you’re having a girl.
- Boy – I haven’t been craving either really, but spicy food yes! So I’m assuming sugar is girl and spice is boy.
- If you’re experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
- Girl – I haven’t had dramatic mood swings, but more than usual
High or Low Pregnant Belly
- If you’re carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it’s high, you’re having a girl.
- Not sure – I’m not that far along!
- If you’re carrying baby in front, it’s a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It’s a girl.
- I think I’m also too early for this one…
- Guess the baby’s sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it’s a boy. If there’s no scent it’s a little girl.
Even and Odd Numbers
- If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it’s girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
- If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
- So far I’ve only dreamed of having a boy! So I guess that means girl.
Final Score –
Girl = 6
Boy = 6
Well I guess that is why these old wives tales aren’t that accurate haha It’s a tie! Either way we are excited to love on our bundle of joy.
Here are a few scriptures I have been meditating on lately:
I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5
Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. Psalm 127:3-5